Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Glitz. Glamour. Fat Quarters.

Show set up is tomorrow.  Already.  Remember that?  Weeks back I wrote about doing a booth at the Willamette Valley Quilt Festival.  Whelp, it's this weekend and due to the hospital trips, I found myself a full week behind.

If anyone tells you that the quilt shop and quilt show life is glitzy and glamorous, they are lying.  It is is a lot of work.  Very little comes packaged like that on it's own.  Someone's gotta do it.  That someone is me.  I have spent the last several days piecing, quilting, binding, folding and packaging like a madwoman. Madder woman. 

Don't believe me?  This was my desk today.  Not shop, office.  Lunch break.



I should have grabbed a banana for scale.  That is 148 fat quarters.  148.  I am insane. 

But the fun part about folding and folding and folding and folding is that you get to look at fabrics you haven't really paid close attention to before, or that you really love.

Like, I LOVE this.  Obviously. And this picture super sucks because that light peachy color is actually a really bright orangey melon that looks amazing.  Also, I love gorillas. 

And this one?
WHY DO THESE SHEEP HAVE PEOPLE FACES?!  Creepy, and not in a fun way.  I tell you what, I'm not sleeping a wink with sheep with people faces.  

I ended up folding all 148 fat quarters in haf an hour flat.  Yes, I counted, yes I kept time.  Maybe not like, the most scientific way, but you know.  I was curious.  I also chugged a fruit cup ("lunch"), so I mean, #unstoppablesexappeal #blisteringlycool #cleaneating

Nevermind that fruit cup was followed later in the day by allllllllllll the quesadillas.  But hey.    I may be running on caffeine and a dream, but I got there.  The fat quarters are done and I am officially show ready.  See you at the show!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.