Monday, January 1, 2018

Come at Me, Quilt Police

How annoying.  I had a post all written up on Blogger on my tablet, but couldn't add pictures.  I assumed it would just be in draft form in Blogger, but color me wrong because here I am re-writing it.  Splendid. 

So I am doing the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, On Ringo Lake (get it HERE on her blog, Quiltville) and until very recently we were under strict guidelines to not say anything about measurements, quantities, nada.  Trust me...the Facebook page (not Bonnie!  She was perfectly pleasant) got caaaaaatty any time some well-intentioned quilter posted any of the aforementioned.  Quilt police be damned! 




But I am about 3,400 pieces in with a clue and a half to go.  Yes.  3,400.  And no, I am not on meth.

So what's the point here?  The point's the point.  I got cocky.  I was sewing along, feelin' fine and everything was looking good.  Good enough.  You know.  So I didn't trim.  Got. Cocky. Started sewing my triangles on.  And there it is.  Floating point.


Good thing I only work in batches of 10.  They all came out screwy.  So I went and trimmed all blahblahhundred of them. 


Moral of this story?  Trim yo' shit.  It makes a difference.  Because of course it does, because we all damn know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.