Monday, October 9, 2017

Stash Sunday a Day Late

My Stash Sunday is a day late.  Y'all know you can't expect me to be timely.

Well, the rush is finally over.  For another year, anyway!  Quiltopia was this weekend and our booth did pretty well all things considered.  Having a show the same weekend that a shop hop starts is rough for attendance, but we got it done anyway.  Every show is different, and it never ceases to amaze me what ends up being the thing no one can live without.  Last show it was a honeycomb panel with bees appliqued on top.  This show?  Fat quarters of Effervescence by Robert Kaufman.  Who knew?

So since this is a guild operated show, there was the green table in back.  The green table is where there is a ton of wicked'y inexpensive books, patterns, fabrics, and projects that the guild members bring to sell.  On the one hand, it kind of sucks for the rest of the vendors because we cannot compete with $3/yard,  but on the other hand...oh the goodies you'll find.  I found a print of flying pigs that my mom has had in her stash since the early-mid 90s.  Seriously...oh the things you can find.  For a fabri-holic this is a glorious and dangerous thing.

One of the weird things I love is heinous fabric.  Heinous. Fabric.  What do I mean?  Ugliness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder and I have been told on more than one occasion that I need my vision checked.  I tend to really enjoy pieces that make everyone else dry heave, and this weekend was no different.  I found this white and neon (yes, neon) print of like, french drink labels.  It makes no sense.  Neon, really?  And bikinis. Found those. Oh, and a really great bright fruit/flower print with bees.  WHY ARE THE ORANGES PURPLE?! What even is that??  I don't know.  But I had to have it.  So now, I do, to the tune of three yards. 




But what I also inexplicably like are African prints.  Not prints with African themes, though, those are cool too.  I mean from-Africa prints, you know, the ones that have so much sizing on them you could stand them up on end? Those.  There were tons of fat quarters that someone was selling off for $0.50 a pop.  So I ended up with something like 16 of them.  They are GORGEOUS and I cannot wait to use them!  Right now, I have a blessed lull in samples since I rushed them all for Quiltopia, so I have a wee bit of time to myself to do something I want to do.  I have been thinking about what to do, because even though I can't wait to make something of them, part of me can hardly bear to cut them up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.