Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Finished! An Oldie But a Goodie

This was supposed to be done and ready to post on Friday, but I didn't sooo....Tuesday it is.

EDIT:  I AM IN THE FUTURE.  IT IS MONDAY, 2/26/18 AND THIS POSTED TUESDAY 2/27/18 ON MONDAY ANYWAY.  I don't know how I mastered time travel but know that I will be patenting, copyrighting, and trademarking that bitch.  #makethatmoney

I hate doing bindings.  Like, they're not BAD, I just, at that point, am very over it.  I just want to be done, done.

I always finish my bindings in a timely manner for shop samples because I have to.  Can't miss that window, you know?  But if it's just for me or something I did for fun?  Well, it goes to languish in the binding bucket of "I'll get to it when I get to it."  Translation: Saving it for future archaeologists to figure out why I didn't sew that flappy bit down.

So this one was out of I think Australian Quilter's Companion Magazine like, four or five years ago.  Please don't ask me which issue or even what the quilt is called because for the love of God I cannot remember if my life depended on it.

This was one of those "lessons learned" quilts full of rookie mistakes.  I learned about reading patterns.  I learned about cutting accurately.  I learned that 1/4" MATTERS.  I mean, I tried to cram blocks in there that were NOT fitting because I did them wrong, but I didn't want to do them over so there you go.  But I still love the results.  It's bright and cheery so idgaf about the rest.

Forgive the potato quality pictures.  I was in my cubicle and trying not to draw more attention to myself as the weirdo who quilts in her cube at lunch.





The fabulous quilting is by my friend Frances Heinrich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.