Sunday, February 4, 2018

Stash Sunday - Quilt Show Goodies

What. A. Weekend.  I'll have a post up later this week about the show itself, but I am spent.  It was a great first year and I can't wait to see how it grows next year!

But in between the bursts of activity, I got to wander and shop a little.  Our buddy Diane at the Ladies of Liberty shop in Independence was our neighboring booth, and John discovered a real interest in Civil War reproduction quilts.  Who friggin' knew?  Not my style at all, but it was cool that he found something there that he just organically took interest in and liked.  So he was eyeballing some pieces that I could make up for him. 

We ended up bringing these babies home...two stacks of half yards from Andover, Windham, and Moda.  I can't see the lines all these are from, so sorry about that. 



He wants a traditional quilt, so that's going to really break me out of my bubble.  I do a lot with brights and funky fabrics and weird blocks so...yeah.  This will be a departure for me but since he picked the fabrics I know he will like it. 

So then I got to do a little shopping for me.  The Soujourn Collection was there, which I always enjoy her booth.  I picked up these lovely Malka Dubrawsky fat quarters, and one random fat quarter I just happened to like. 


Now THAT'S more up my alley.  I wish the picture could do these justice, the gold grid on the right just glows.  Rarely do I know exactly what I want to do with the fabrics I buy because I HAVE TO HAVE THEM, but these I do.  I use the Elisa's Backporch Designs circle template quite a bit, and these are just begging to be circle blocks. 

With the show done, I can relax a little and get some sewing-for-fun done.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Both bundles are wonderful! It would be interesting to make the same quilts, one from each genre . . . but I know that that could also be boring. Or the CW quilt in a traditional set, then that block "moderned up" the way Myra Harder does in 'Urban and Amish" or Michele Muska ("Quilting the New Classics").

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Pretty fabrics! I am mulling over creating the Loyal Union Sampler(Civil War Era) from the Elm Creek Quilters novels, but, like you, I love brighter colors. I'll probably use my 30s fabric. Your funky fabrics are so cool! Yup - they're talking to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.