Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Some People Take Smoke Breaks, I Take Stitch Breaks.

There's nothing like waking up to a comment on a post that sets out to mess up your whole day.  It's a weird world we live in that the internet holds that kind of power over us, that now we care about what some rando has to say about what we have to say.  I'm not that old.  But I do remember "life before Facebook" and it is still weird to me that I care.

Long story short, some twatty little troll called me ugly to a point that I am too ugly to even be harassed, in so many words.  To quote him exactly would require me to repost the video I commented on, and eh.  But John destroyed him in the comments.  Did we take the high road?  Nope.  But did it feel good to let that jackass have it?  Absolutely.  And, it's awesome that my dude doesn't let people treat me like garbage. 

Sure, I am over 30 and chubby, but I mean, I am a solid 7, 8 if I try.  And I mean, I am blisteringly cool to at least 3 people. So why should I give a damn what some skinny, pale, neckbeard thinks?  I looked at his pictures and he is no prize and absolutely single for several reasons.  But his words echoed in my head for most of the morning.  Life's been rough lately and naturally it decided to send a little bastard to kick me in the shins while I'm already limping.  Thanks, dick.

So what does all my whining about internet trolls on a quilting blog have to do with quilting?


Binding while pissed off goes fast.  And you get to stab something 3,000 (ish) times.  But most of all, as much as I bitch about handwork, it's very calming.  It never ceases to amaze me how much calmer I feel after even a 15 minute break at the office to stitch something.  It doesn't seem to matter how stressful a meeting was, or how annoyed I am by people, or how mad I am at the internet.  A little stitch time goes a long way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.