Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday Stash: Wish

Man today's a tough one to get motivated to write.  We spent the day in Sisters/Redmond/Prineville yesterday.  It was the first actual day off I have had since January.  It really frustrates me when people assume that because I don't work in the shop during the week (I have a 40/hr/wk job) that I have more time off than the folks who do.  I have substantially less time off, actually, because all my shop work I have to do after hours.  When things are normal, which they are beginning to normalize again, and I do have a weekend off it doesn't always coincide with when John is free.  So we took full advantage of  the day and headed east.  It was a blast. It is SO pretty out there, and so quiet.  It's a nice little escape from the constant buzz.  More to come on the trip back out east, because yes, I did visit some shops.  And yes...I bought the things. 

I'm trying to write but I am also getting sidetracked by tunes on Youtube.  Found a new band I am liking so far, Lords of the Lost, so I'm a bit engrossed in that.  I love music.  While I have found very few people (in the non-internet world) that share my taste, it fuels my day.  I wish I had more musical talent.  I really have none.  You never want to hear me sing unless you want to rupture your own eardums. 

But anyway, a few weeks ago I noticed Wish had fabric.  I swear to God that site has literally everyone a person could want, and even stuff people shouldn't want (UH THEY HAVE METH PIPES ON THERE JUST SAYING) but I couldn't help but notice...fabric. It was $1 for 50 4"x4" pieces and they had a free shipping promo soooooo yeah I bought that and some other stuff.


I'M GALADRIEL Y'ALL.  I. AM. 

I mean, basically. Ish.  

But the fabric arrived the other day.  50 pieces of scrappy goodness with a little of every color. 



Pretty traditional stuff by and large, except the Louis Vuitton knock offs...and the quality is about what I expected.  It's not even remotely a nice greigh good on these:


Yes...there is gapping in the weave.  It's a little rough.  I would not buy yardage of this to use in a quilt.  But these little scrappies will be just fine. 

Like I said before, it is largely traditional stuff...except this gem which is my ultimate favorite piece in here, I was super stoked when I saw it, and yes, despite the greigh goods I WISH I HAD MORE:

NOICE.

I immediately thought of Key and Peele.  


I am considering using all these pieces together and calling it good.  I'm not sure I want to mix them in with the nicer stuff?  I don't know.  I probably won't get to it for a while!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.