Thursday, April 5, 2018

Product Review: The Grace Company TrueGrips

Slidey rulers piss me off.  As I think they probably do most people trying to cut fancy shapes and curves.  Nothing sucks worse than having a rules slip mid-cut.  It's why I vastly prefer Creative Grids to Omnigrid.

There are a lot of different solutions to this problem, and I will review one this week, and another next week.  This week?




Specs

  • 30 adhesive grippers
  • Clear, silicone-esque material
  • Cost: $5.95
Pros
  • THE STICK IS REAL.  When you put these on you ruler, they stay stuck.  I mean sure, you can re-position them, but they have a hell of a stick
  • I tested this on a straight ruler and on a curve ruler.  RULER DID NOT BUDGE.
  • They are clear, so do not obstruct your view of the fabric position in relation to measurement lines (if used on a ruler where that might be important; less important for some templates)  
Cons
  • The pack I had did not have the small and large grippers fully cut through, and I damaged a couple trying to separate them
  • These are slightly tacky on account of the silicone-ish texture.  Do collect dust and thread bits.  
Conclusion
★★★★☆
They work exactly as advertised, and much better than I had expected.  They work very well, but boy, the lint is REAL.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.