Thursday, March 8, 2018

Product Review: Clover Trace n'Mark Air-Erasable Marker

I don't find myself needing marking pens very often.  I tend to be an old school girl in the sense that I don't need no stinking fancy pen when I have a mechanical pencil in my sewing drawer.  But uh, somethings call for more oomph than what a pencil can provide AND the line needs to go away.  regular pencil is a pain in the ass to get out if you screw up.  I'm not a fan of the water soluble pens, because I so often forget to complete the erasure step, and a lot of the air soluble pens vanish too fast. So I wanted to try something different.  

This is Nancy Zieman's Trace n'Mark Air-Erasable Marker through Clover.  

Specs
  • Two sided, thick and thin felt tip pens
  • Bright pink ink
  • Air soluble
  • Cost: $7.99
Pros
  • The ink is BRIGHT.  Very, very visible on most fabrics, even in the medium-dark range.  
  • The dual tips are cool.  I never thought I'd need the fat end, but I use that more often than the thin one
  • The ink stays put for quite a while - takes longer to disappear than other pens I've used.
  • It does vanish completely
  • Ink is long lasting.  I have had mine for a couple years now and use it with some frequency, and haven't had to replace it yet. 
Cons
  • It is absurdly easy to to split the felt tips with the cap - There is a water soluble version of this same pen in blue and I split the tip right away on that one not realizing there is like a little cap inside the cap.  
  • The fat tip doesn't fit in most stencils
  • If you're looking for the ink to disappear quickly, it might freak you out when it takes longer than anticipated
Conclusion
★★★★✩
I wish this baby came in more colors!  I would buy them all. My only real criticism is how easy it is to damage the felt tip with the inner portion of the cap.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.