Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Laboratory is Open

Well helllllllllooooo nurse!  Look who's back.

So I suppose I have some explaining to do.  As many, or maybe several, of you know, I used to have a different but very similar blog, Lovely Frankenstein's Quilting Laboratory.  See, I am exceptional with creative names.  Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, amirite?  But if you followed it before, and if you click on the link, you can see it lost quite a lot of steam over the past few years.  Hell, I haven't updated it in approaching two years.  Lack of steam is an understatement.  

So why was I so jazzed about it for a few years, then...not so much?  Well, I'll be quite frank here.  That's because it became something that wasn't really ME.  I mean sure, Frankenstein and Halloween and quilting...yeah, that's me, like all the way.  

But I was trying SO hard to keep a certain image because of my association with our family quilt business that I edited much of myself out of it - my voice and my opinions - from fear that it would reflect negatively on the business.  Much of the content ended up very different than I would have done it had I just been more real with myself and to myself.  That was a huge mistake, and I own it. It was too clean.  Too careful.  It lacked my natural sass (and swearing).  It wasn't natural. I lost interest, and blamed it on "life getting in the way," which at the time, I thought was true.  We all know about hindsight.  

So I am creating a fresh start with a fresh blog where it will just be me, for better or worse.  For those that know which business my family owns, know that this blog is entirely separate and should not in any way, shape, or form reflect on that business.  Know that what I may make references to the business, this blog is not affiliated AT ALL.  I will be covering a lot more here than just my projects and Halloween posts.  There will be swearing peppered throughout.  There will be projects, techniques, tutorials, puns, memes, and opinions both on and off topic.  Maybe it will change your perception of me, for better or worse.  But let it reflect on me, not the business.  
And if you have an issue, I am willing to discuss it with you, but please do not take it to the business. 

I am finally feeling amped again.  I have ideas...and about 15 (not kidding) projects in the coffers...which makes me ask myself  what the hell I am doing on the computer instead of getting work done.  So I guess that's it for now.  Thanks for reading this far...and if you're still interested in following me down the rabbit hole...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.