Monday, April 23, 2018

Sunny Day Sewing

Saturday was a sloooow day at the shop.  It's April in Oregon, the sun was out, and it was reasonably warm.  People got out to enjoy it while they could...because it's April in Oregon.  It could rain any second and not stop for days still.  So I got the pleasant surprise of a little in-store sew time.  That like, never happens.

So Market stuff is rolling in.  Man, I cannot WAIT for Market!  It's in Portland this year and boy, it is something to see. Which, you'll see some here, but I am getting ahead of myself.  

Anyhoo, distributors are starting to send all their pre-Market stuff, and occasionally there is a freebie in there.  I don't know who sent this freebie, but they gave us Nine-Patch Revolution, 20 Modern Quilt Projects by Jenifer Dick and Angela Waters. Holy shit y'all, THIS BOOK.  Even if modern isn't your thing, you will probably find something you like in here.  Seriously.  I am not easily impressed by most quilt books (I might find two or three quilts I like but the rest are meh) but this one is solid.  there are several I want to make!

But one got me.  I turned the page and said "Wow." out loud.  


It has such a vintage feel but with a modern twist.  I love it, and had to make it.  You KNOW I love the orange, but this will end up as a sample, and man there is no color more divisive than orange!  I have never known anyone to be like, "orange is okay."  It's either vocal love or vocal hate.  I liked the idea of a print in there too, but I just couldn't find a print I like to take the place of orange that wasn't just competing all over the place with the pattern.  So I opted to go green with a white-on-white background:


I am in love.  I cannot wait to see how the rest turns out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your questions, comments, criticisms, and thoughts here. I would love to hear what you think and what's under your needle!

Criticism will stay civil and constructive. Any nasty comments will be removed.